5 Most Dangerous Holiday Plants for Pets

1. Mistletoe

Mistletoe might be the most hazardous of all the poisonous holiday plants for animals. If a large amount of mistletoe is ingested by a dog or cat, the consequences can be critical.

2. Holly

The plant has high concentrations of saponins, which are toxic chemicals with a higher toxicity level than poinsettias and can cause gastric distress in animals if consumed.

3. Poinsettias

It's a good idea to be cautious about where you place poinsettias while decorating for the holidays because they are slightly poisonous to pets and can cause GI discomfort when consumed.

4. Lilies

Eating even a small amount of the plant will have a severe impact on a cat's system, causing severe symptoms such as gastrointestinal issues, arrhythmia and convulsions.

5. Christmas Trees

Many Christmas tree watering systems include tree preservatives, which might cause digestive system problems in your pet. Pets should not be allowed to drink from the Christmas tree water.