Spring is a beautiful season when nature awakens, and flowers start to bloom. However, as much as we enjoy the sight of beautiful flowers, it's essential to be aware that some plants can be toxic to pets.
12 Spring Flowers That are Toxic to Pets
As a pet owner, it's your responsibility to keep your furry friends safe from potential hazards. In this article, we will look at twelve common spring flowers that are toxic to pets.
While beautiful, tulips can be toxic to pets. Tulip bulbs and plant parts contain toxins that can cause gastrointestinal problems, convulsions, and even cardiac problems.
Many varieties of lilies are very toxic to pets, especially cats. Ingesting lilies can cause kidney failure, vomiting, and lethargy.
All parts of the gladiola plant are toxic to pets, especially the bulb. Symptoms of ingestion can include vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy.
All parts of the daffodil plant are toxic to pets, especially the bulbs. Ingestion can cause severe vomiting, diarrhea, and even heart problems.
Begonia plants contain toxins that can cause gastrointestinal problems, such as vomiting and diarrhea.
The bulbs of the amaryllis plant are especially toxic to pets, causing vomiting, diarrhea, and tremors.
These flowers contain pyrethrins, which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and hypersalivation.
8. Birds of Paradise
Often planted in front or back yards, birds of paradise plants contain toxins that can cause gastrointestinal problems, including vomiting and diarrhea.
9. Baby's Breath
This common flower used in bouquets can cause vomiting and diarrhea if ingested by pets.
Both of these popular garden shrubs contain toxins that can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even heart problems.
This common garden plant contains toxins that can cause gastrointestinal problems, heart problems, and even death if ingested.
Often planted to attract butterflies, milkweed contains toxins that can cause gastrointestinal problems, tremors, and even seizures.